Wed 29 Feb 2012
Been crazy lately.
In the last month:
1. The GeekMom Book was submitted to our editor, hitting the February 1st deadline. Hopefully, publication this winter.
2. I sold Phoenix Legacy, the direct sequel to Phoenix Rising, to Samhain. That will be out in November. It’s stars Philip, from PR as the hero who’s having a little trouble coping with immortality and a little more trouble coping with the people trying to kill him and someone from his mysterious past.
3. I got the finished pages of my first comic book script. More to come on that in another post but for those who read PR, it’s a four-page story of how Philip rescued Beth from the bad guys when she was a little girl. It has AWESOME art. I will post a page soon.
4. I finished the final edits on Luminous (see above) an urban crimefighter superhero novella that will be out in May. It’s set tangentially in the Phoenix Institute universe but has all-original characters, including a hero inspired by the Batman: Year One version of Jim Gordon, my favorite cop.
5. Got the final edits for the *print* version of Phoenix Rising, coming out in October.
That’s just my book publishing life.
And now that I’m back from dropping the minion off at school, here’s the first page to a four-page comic story called “Promise.” It will be in released in May as part of an all-women issue of The Gathering from Greyhaven Comics. The art is by Cassandra James of Australia, who is absolutely awesome.