Wed 24 Sep 2014
As a belated birthday present to me and all of you (well, I like to think of it that way) my publisher is dropping the price of Phoenix Rising, the first book in my superhero series, to 99 cents.
The sale is in celebration of the release of book three of the series, Ghost Phoenix, on October 7th. (Now available for pre-order on sale at $3.85 at Samhain Publishing!)
I listed ten reasons you might want to give Phoenix Rising a try. The other seven are at the link! 🙂
1. The hero is a firestarter and telekinetic and also very photogenic. Or, as the heroine says, if God reached out to create a superhero, he’d look just like Alec Farley.
2. Telekinetic sex. Yes. That.
3. How many books do you read in which the heroine teaches the hero how to drive while listening to Motown?
4. Stuff blows up. As it does.
5. The heroine, Beth Nakamora, is a telepath. When she and Alec touch, well, like Springsteen said, “Fire!” Literally.
6. There are more than a few glimpses of the hero of book 2, Phoenix Legacy, in Phoenix Rising, with Philip Drake being mysterious and deadly. As he does. (If you like dark heroes, Philip is your guy.)
7. F-Team, Alec’s military-support team, featuring the leader, former Navy SEAL Daz Montoya, who is the hero of book 4, Phoenix Inheritance, coming out in March. He’s such a guy. I mean that in a good way. (If you like sweet but dangerous family men, Daz is your guy. )
8. Can you eat M&Ms with no hands? Alec can.
9. New York is saved!
9. It contains a homage to one of my favorite superhero movie scenes, namely the “You’ve got me? Who’s got you?” from the original Superman.
Give it a try!