Been crazy lately.
In the last month:
1. The GeekMom Book was submitted to our editor, hitting the February 1st deadline. Hopefully, publication this winter.
2. I sold Phoenix Legacy, the direct sequel to Phoenix Rising, to Samhain. That will be out in November. It’s stars Philip, from PR as the hero who’s having a little trouble coping with immortality and a little more trouble coping with the people trying to kill him and someone from his mysterious past.
3. I got the finished pages of my first comic book script. More to come on that in another post but for those who read PR, it’s a four-page story of how Philip rescued Beth from the bad guys when she was a little girl. It has AWESOME art. I will post a page soon. 🙂
4. I finished the final edits on Luminous (see above) an urban crimefighter superhero novella that will be out in May. It’s set tangentially in the Phoenix Institute universe but has all-original characters, including a hero inspired by the Batman: Year One version of Jim Gordon, my favorite cop.
5. Got the final edits for the *print* version of Phoenix Rising, coming out in October.
That’s just my book publishing life. 🙂
And now that I’m back from dropping the minion off at school, here’s the first page to a four-page comic story called “Promise.” It will be in released in May as part of an all-women issue of The Gathering from Greyhaven Comics. The art is by Cassandra James of Australia, who is absolutely awesome.